- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- November 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- July 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
The proposed bills in Congress known as SOPA and PIPA are a big deal and so are the issues they claim to deal with.
Piracy is a big deal, Wiggy VonSchtick has been a victim, but the internet isn’t going anywhere and people’s abilities to acquire whatever they want whenever they want is only going to get easier even if these bills pass.
Nanny laws only hurt people who follow the law, criminals just find a way around them.
These are complex problems that require big ideas, not censorship.
New, young entertainment business minds are already thinking of ways to curtail piracy and it’s working. Look at Louis C.K. He managed to shoot and release a downloadable comedy show and made profits that he couldn’t imagine.
Make no mistake, this is about money and how large studios make it – not about the viewer or the art of entertainment and all of that is fine! It’s required to make the big kinds of movies that people love to go see, but these pieces of legislation are not the ways to make entertainment profitable in the future. I know that the big studios are using scare tactics to try and force creatives to their side, but these bills shoot a creative’s future in the foot.
Please follow these links:
In a bizarre coincidence we are changing hosting companies so the WVS website may be down, including our email server. We have a general Gmail account that we will be using during the switch-over:
We hope you don’t notice this switch-over, but just in case here’s the plan B.
Please help maintain an open internet.
It’s a new year and we have new projects coming from Wiggy VonSchtick Productions!
Check out the new State of Stuff here:
If you are viewing this in the News section of the website then you should see this video in the YouTube widget above.
Here are some of the details not covered in the video:
- New WiggyWebs vids were in short supply at the end of the year. That was all due to scheduling. We are making some changes to make sure that won’t happen any more.
- Story Time with Ray will be back up on Wednesday featuring more angry rants from Curtis’s father-in-law.
- Make-Up with The Wolf will be on a short hiatus due to Myke’s work schedule and the fact that we need him for some other projects right now – sorry! We do have cool new effects that he is going to show you how to do and we’ll keep you updated via Twitter and the news page here as to when those episodes will be ready.
- 3 Minutes with Curtis & Dean is currently seeking new topics for discussion! You can post them in the comments on the blog, on the Wiggy VonSchtick Facebook Page, or Tweet them at us! We look forward to your suggestions.
- Cheerleaders is going through a major web re-vamp! The page will be down after the 6th as we make some significant changes to the site.
- Come to think of it, this page might be down as well for a couple days as we make alterations – but we’ll keep the down time to a minimum.
That’s about it for now, we’ll see you soon!